Beyond the Black
Character Creation in Eclipse Phase can be complex. To make things easier I recommend the use of this Excel Spreadsheet.
These question will help to build your character to something beyond the white of the paper in front of you. Some information may work its way in to the game making a better story.
1. Give a two or three word description of yourself. (Describe you’re concept.)
2. Do you have any nicknames, street names, titles, nom de plume?
3. What is your full birth name?
4. What do you perceive as your greatest strength?
5. What do you perceive as your greatest weakness?
6. Was there any event or cause of these weaknesses?
1. Where is your home town?
2. Did you witness any historical events?
3. If so, how did that event impact you?
4. Briefly describe a defining moment in your childhood and how it influenced your life.
5. Do you have any deep, dark secrets in the past that may come back to haunt you?
6. What conflicts might arise from your past?
7. Are you who you claim to be?
8. Do you have any sort of criminal record?
1. Who were your parents?
2. Do you have any siblings?
3. Are any or all of your family still alive?
3. If so, where are they now?
4. Do you have a notorious or celebrated ancestor?
5. If so, what did this person do to become famous or infamous?
1. Do you have any close friends?
2. If so, who and what are they like?
3. Do you have any bitter enemies?
4. If so, who are they, what are they like, and what is the history of their feud with you?
5. What valuable or important contacts do you have?
6. How did you come to know them?
7. Which person(s) or group(s) are you most loyal to?
8. List any past serious relationships that you have had, and give a brief overview of the relationship(s).
9. Who is your most trusted ally?
10. Who do you trust, in general?
11. Who do you despise and why?
12. Have you lost any loves?
13. How did you handle the situation (short & long term)?
14. Do you live with anyone (housemates, roommates, relatives, friends, near-strangers, family friend, spouse, boyfriend, girlfriend, lover)?
1. Do you have any dreams or ambitions?
2. If not, why?
3. What are your short term goals (what would you like to be doing within a year)?
4. What are your long term goals (what would you like to be doing twenty years from now)?
5. Do you have any great rational or irrational fears or phobias? If so, what are the origins of or reasons behind them?
6. What, if anything, would it take for you to be able to overcome this?
7. How do you react when this fear manifests itself?
8. What are your attitudes regarding material wealth?
9. Is there any race, creed, alignment, religion, class, profession, political viewpoint, or the like against which you is strongly prejudiced, and why?
10. Are you devout or impious?
11. Can you kill?
12. When do you consider it okay to kill (under what circumstances)?
13. When do you consider it wrong to kill (under what circumstances)?
14. Are you a member of any non-religious group, cause, order, or organization?
15. If so describe it, its goals, and membership.
16. How loyal are you to this group and why?
17. How did you become a member?